View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2013 (10:35 PM).
Will be back eventually
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
I just hope Yahoo! keeps to their promise and doesn't drastically try to change anything. Similar to Instagram after Facebook bought it, I hope they keep it running independently.
As far as the independence thing goes, based on what David said, Tumblr is going to keep on minding its own bussiness. I quote (again):

Quote:
Before touching on how awesome this is, let me try to allay any concerns: We’re not turning purple. Our headquarters isn’t moving. Our team isn’t changing. Our roadmap isn’t changing. And our mission – to empower creators to make their best work and get it in front of the audience they deserve – certainly isn’t changing.

So what’s new? Simply, Tumblr gets better faster. The work ahead of us remains the same – and we still have a long way to go! – but with more resources to draw from.
According to him, Tumblr is just using Yahoo as an extra means of getting more money. Then again, I honestly hope that he stays true to his words and that Tumblr remains the way it is. Including freedom of blogging whatever the hell you want.

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."