View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2013 (3:19 AM).
Gonna get a little weird, gonna get a little wild
Nature: Gentle
1. Providing you're of legal age, what is stopping you from having sex? Religious reasons? Lack of interest, from either you or another person? Lack of sexual desire for anyone? Fear?
All of the above, except for fear and religion, which at this point in my lifetime do not affect that decision. My case is also unique in the way that I simply must be with someone within the right frame of mind when it comes to sexuality and gender, for someone who is not would probably not wish to be intimate.

2. Are you okay with being a virgin? Do you care about what society/the people have to say in regards to it?
I'm fine with it. I can wait until the cows come home and hell freezes over too. It's not all that important, and I don't care what anyone has to say about what I may or may not be "missing";

3. When do you plan on having sex? Do you even want to have sex?
I will experience this first time the right way, with a partner whom I have genuine feelings for and a stable relationship. Physiologically and biologically, I am compelled to say yes. It is a primal drive for my present incarnation. Mentally, I could care less, it's just another demand my body makes. Emotionally, I would enjoy it as it brings people closer together. Spiritually, I am indifferent. My position on when it is appropriate to have sex may change once my virginity is truly lost, but I want my first time to be the most special to me, like a girl would want her wedding to be, and for that I'm willing to wait.

Bonus question:
What do you think of people who have sex often, with many different people?

I envy them somewhat. I respect them as cultural pioneers much like myself who work to change the ideals of society with their courage to be able to stand up and express their love as openly as they do with many people. I personally believe that non-reproductive sex can deepen and strengthen bonds and help people mentally and emotionally connect. I do not believe physical intimacy is the definition of ultimate love, and I do not believe that being physically intimate cheapens the value of love. I believe it is a part of love, and one that can and should be expressed as freely as any, between two consenting adults.

If I had a bulletproof (100% effective) way of not reproducing with sex unless I chose to deliberately do so, I do believe I would be less careful. I think many people would feel the same.