View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2013 (04:15 PM).
♥ Cammybear ♥
Crystal Tier, CS

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
1-As a middle eastern and Muslim i'd like to tell you something Hejab is different from a girl to another and the one you pointed to isn't the main at all..maybe lots of women wear it specially in gulf area but nothing said it's the main which is till now an opened discussion!
I mentioned that the burka is very specific to certain Middle-Eastern locations, the biggest supporter being Afghanistan. Everywhere else typically wears either the hijab or chador.

Quote:
2-we don't shave our heads at all it's otherwise..woman's crown is her hair and the longer the hair is the better..tall,short bald it's up to the woman
Yeah, I addressed this. Women's hair is considered feminine and beautiful. Shaving it isn't a preferable course of action (sometimes considered dishonourable), thus the hijab.

Quote:
3-you people are making fun of traditions...actually i feel proud of it nothing wrong with a woman wears decent clothes unlike the ones who reveal all their bodies like a cheap goods to anyone to look...Muslim woman is like a Jewel she's not exposed to anyone ...nothing wrong with staying virgin till she get married because she saves herself to the one person who wants to spend his life with her. nothing wrong with being moral...making fun of such things is weird cuz if someone should make fun of the other it seems who would now!!
Where was "fun" made? Anony was curious about the religion. I even mentioned in another topic (the "is sex offensive" one) that I am very pro-"covering the body; covering the chest; covering the buttocks" which is the same as Muslim religion (which I observe, mind you) without the head covering. Anony made a point that it isn't specifically stated to wear a head covering, which is why I brought up interpretation. It is not interpretation, however, that dressing modestly is good or bad. It is very clear that dressing modestly is the only route as per Islam, even Christianity and Judaism. There are very good reasons for that, and it's written about in many verses and places in the Bible, Qu'ran, etc.

I, again, support this. Anony can speak for him/herself at this point as I don't know him/her well enough to speak on his/her behalf.

Quote:
Prophet Joseph used to cover his face when he walks in a place that has women for a man who have half of the universe beauty........and i.e it was even before Islam.
And Joseph is awesome for a reason.

x

Maybe read the whole conversation - not bits and pieces - before jumping on a victim boat No one's making "fun" of Muslims. In fact, you ought to be pleased that people want to know more instead of staying ignorant! Ignorance is the unknown, and the unknown is feared. By not being ignorant, people can forget their stereotypes and misunderstandings (leading to hate) about Muslims and, in other circumstances, many other religions, cultures, etc.

FC: 4699-7283-5972; IGN: Irène, Etoile; Trade Shop; Trade Reviews