View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2013 (6:50 PM). Edited May 26th, 2013 by Jappio.
Prophet of Lightning
Nature: Relaxed
Thanks for the tip =)

I did try to do a bit of stretching in it, but I get paranoid sometimes when it comes to exaggerating an action too much sometimes, so it's a tad too subtle I suppose.

Ok, so moving on:

For the RPG I'm helping make, I figured I'd use my next step of practice on it. Battle sprites of course need to be made, so I decided to take the protagonist and make him an attack animation.

So obviously, I'm not done. However I'm at a crucial stage right now. Obviously I need to actually sprite the character, and not just his skeleton. Beyond the obvious lack of details though, I need to decide where to speed things up, slow things down, and add frames. This is all a very rough 'WIP' and I'm just sort of looking for some second opinions.

I know I need a frame for bridging between the last and first frames. I'm not sure where to go for the slices though. More frames might slow it down too much. I know animation wise, more would be nice, but on a sprite/game level you don't typically want too many frames in a movement like that, right?

I'm also unsure on things like the poses through them. I did my best to act out these actions, and those are what I felt I was doing, but I'm also not an official sword/axeman.

Oh well, that's why I'm taking a moment to stop an get some thoughts if possible, or in the very least let my head clear and come back to it.

Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!