View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Anti
I forgive you, Chris Bosh.

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post
I'm not actually going to take issue with anything you said but rather take issue with a phenomenon you refer to in the post.

And that is basically the integration into PC. In principle, I agree that anything that increases activity is okay. But all of the people who have been brought in don't battle; they joined our community and then didn't participate in the activity that defines it. Naturally, this has diluted the server to the point that it should definitely be associated with PC but should definitely not be associated with Strategies and Movesets. I think most people just think that the PG13 rule is overbearing, but I find it troubling as a microcosm of the end of our battling community. I am absolutely appalled that my forum and community has been tossed aside as if it simply doesn't matter because, hey, it's active now so to hell with the battlers let's just chug ahead! ...Even though all that activity consists of is whining about username colors. At least for me. I know that appeals to some people but that is NOT what S&M is about. This situation is not workable for a functional battling community and something needs to be done about it.

The rule itself is frankly of little concern to me and frankly the "mature content" usually makes the chat worse. I didn't even know that was possible but it is.

Quote:
And those members will see stuff like this almost certainly very differently to how you guys might be seeing it.
This is probably indicative of the "there are two different communities and them coexisting isn't good for either of them" thing. Even though one is on the verge of collapsing, but whatever.

~wolf: defeated every lead except elf :>
d_a-bread house: what about metagross
~wolf: ok that too