View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:23 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
I've said it once, I'll say it again. Try to show us the way. The reason is, is that we're all too scared of starting chit chat, and then we come back an hour later and we have a PM saying "stahpit" and possibly an infraction. If the leaders (mods and regulars) showed us what's "appropriate" in this forum, we'll follow because we all want to chat naturally anyways.

Like, for example, it wouldn't be "appropriate" in ROM hacking to give one-liners such as we do in the DCC because it's sort of a more "formal" and "scientific" forum, but it wouldn't be appropriate to take everything seriously in the DCC, because we're relaxed. At least relatively. And if you can't take a joke, then that's something that's inappropriate. And as such, give us your "line" so that we know we won't cross it.
What? Who is scared of starting chit chat? Who is getting infracted for starting chit chat? What is this? What are you going on about? Are you sure that this is something that applies to everyone, or just something that applies to you but you think it applies to everyone?
Uhhhh, I truly don't know what you're going on about, because I thought it was clear as to what is appropriate in this section of the forum, lol. Chit chat is fine, but don't go off on a completely different tangent to the topic???