View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2013 (12:14 PM).
CS

Quote originally posted by TRIFORCE89:
I agree that education is underfunded in the United States, but I don't see this as an example of that.

We all here figured out that it was an unnecessary move and we didn't receive training.
We're also not all teachers who have a million and one other considerations. We also have hindsight and an overview of what happened that wouldn't necessarily happen in the moment. Schools are just chaotic and have lots of different people yelling to get their point across. Like, I'm sure there are parents who wanted to have zero-tolerance policies in place at the school, and teachers who wanted to have the authority to deal with problem kids, but then you have to go through lots of people (the teacher who saw what happened, the vice principle, etc.).

What I'm trying to say is that it's not as easy to figure out the right thing to do in the moment if you've got a chaotic situation or one that you've never dealt with before. Teachers are really overworked.

Or if you want to take the cynical side, you've got schools who can't afford to get better teachers, ones who aren't necessarily the most thoughtful. This might just be a case of a school that couldn't afford to take the best teachers and had to settle for some who were thoughtless and overly strict.

deviantart blog pair