View Single Post
June 2nd, 2013 (07:54 PM).
Join Date: Jul 2004
Aw Janna it's okayyy <3
- starting out with the TRio <3
- aw their first pitfall :')
- Ash's voice oh my
- fat little pikachu
- the first Joy explanation
- thE FIRST LEAGUE THING
- why did ash not know about this tho
- SHE JUST LEFT HIM WITH THE BILL OMFG
- good job Misty
- also back when they were paying for things
- pika you crafty little **** omg
- flint is such a creeper
- mommy brock ;;
- cheat 2 defeat
- misty would have seriously flipped about 20 eps down the line
- geodude chases it around and it just goes down lmfao
- well then
- didn't work? do it again!!
- well that went swimmingly
- misty helps despite ash being a dumbass
- cheat 2 defeat p2
- lmfao not your imagination
- let's play recognize the voice actors of the children
- misty's chest is bigger in the early eps
- where is she anyway
- BBY'S FIRST BADGE
- hit it home bby
- hello flint u a crazy
- YOU CUTIE
- misty hanging around back there
- what a strange trio
- the beginning of a legacy
So I feel like this episode was really the true beginning of everything we know about Pokémon. The TRio's pitfalls and failures. The introduction of the multiple Joys. The mentions of the Pokémon League. The first gym leader proper, first gym battle, first loss, first badge get. Showing us that the anime world doesn't quite conform to game-logic. Backstory for a character. And most of all, Brock joining the team. It's silly and dramatic in a kind of dumb way, but even now entertains and sets a wonderful tone for the years to come. I just think this is where the Pokémon anime really began.
And for next week, how does the Chronicles episode "Putting the Air Back in Aerodactyl!" sound? It's about Gary being a hot scientist so you know.
only in our dreams are we free
the rest of the time, we need wages.
Also Known As:
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Aquacorde
Visit Aquacorde's homepage!
Find all posts by Aquacorde
Find threads started by Aquacorde
Ignore Posts by Aquacorde