View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2013 (08:39 PM).
The Booze Cruise

Quote originally posted by kearnseyboy6:
Firstly, no need to offend his grammar, reading and spelling skills. It's just plain rude.

Secondly if you looked at his attachment, the picture looks perfect. The error lies within the script or variable.

Thirdly Unknown does not have to be set as 03, this is a convention used by gamefreak and does can be left as 00 00.

@Zemekis, try a new variable, you may have used this before. In Karatekid552's tut the variable 0x4050 is used,

4050 Unknown or multi-use.
Set to 0x1 after the "Don't go out yet!" OAK Script event.
Set to 0x2 during the Hall of Fame room level script, if the National Dex is NOT already unlocked.
Set to 0x3 after OAK's chat with the player in PALLET TOWN after beating the E4.

As you can see if you have activated the first script in PALLET TOWN, the variable would have set to 1.

I would look at the vars in this tut and try one that hasn't been used. Try 4027, I am using this variable in my hack and this works.
Thanks Kearnsey,
Yeah, that was a kinda rough way for him to answer my honest question, but he DID at least provide me with an answer so i've gotta give him credit for that.

Your answer worked as well, so thanks for your input! Again, the wording in the tutorial just flew right over my head somehow and i'm sorry if my question was silly but i'm a total beginner with this stuff.