View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Even so, if you just use Smogon's movesets and read their guides, that doesn't mean that you've learned everything. Regardless of how much research you do, the real experience is going to come from actually battling. I find Smogon very useful, even though I'm not a part of the actual community. Smogon is a nice resource because it provides movesets and tier listings and all sorts of other goodies. Personally, I would not want to "do my own research" if I'm just going to come to the same conclusion Smogon would, it's a waste of time.

I don't have a problem with the competitive side of Pokemon being centered around Smogon's tiers. This is because all the Pokemon are placed in specific tiers for a reason, so at least there's some sort of balance and it all seems to make sense.

edit: I'm not sure if you're talking about competitive Pokemon being centered around Smogon, or how Smogon relates to just Pokemon in general? I'm not sure how you could compare Smogon's movesets to just Pokemon in general because Smogon is only about competitive battling...

showdowngalleryanimepairfamily