View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2013 (12:19 AM).
Remember NovEnder

I have nearly an entire shelf of Prima strategy guides for Pokemon games. Mostly because when I was playing the games when they first came out, the Internet wasn't as readily accessible as it is now and it tied up phone lines, so any information had to be looked up in a book. I used those Prima guides so much they fell apart, which isn't that much of a surprise. Especially Crystal and FireRed/LeafGreen. (I had both Prima and Nintendo guides for those games, because the Nintendo one didn't list wild Pokemon locations. Helpful.)

These days, though, the information can be found online. Plus, I tend to play video games a lot more at home, so if I need information about anything or a walkthrough, I can just look it up at the computer. I might still buy one for X/Y, if only because I'll be playing that game at work, where Internet access is a big no-no.

I will say, though, that I am glad I got the limited edition hardcover strategy guide for Black/White when they first came out. It's just a real nice-looking book, and it looks good on the shelf.