View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2013 (04:11 AM). Edited June 5th, 2013 by OffRoadSP.
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
I can't begin to explain how much I love this thread. So many interesting stories! To me this is what Pokemon is all about!

April 27, 2013

First thing in the morning, I decided to check out the Hidden Grotto on Route 7, and what do you know, another Zangoose with the ability Toxic Boost was in there! I caught it, and then went back to the Mistralton Pokémon Center.

Time to start a new rotation of Pokémon for training, and also time to explore new areas! I had Shuckle, Vespiquen, Vaporeon, and Dunsparce transferred to me. Then, together with Grimer and me, we went to meet Skyla, who was waiting to fly us over Twist Mountain to the eastern parts of Unova. Professor Juniper and Bianca were there too. We boarded Skyla plane, and then set off for our adventure.

Bianca said she wanted to do some research in the Reversal Mountain. It’s a volcanic area that she said has a lot of similar traits to Stark Mountain in the far off Sinnoh region. Stark Mountain was a location I never got to see when I was traveling there a few years back. I wonder what the significance of them being similar is? Professor Juniper said that Team Plasma seem to be up to their old tricks again, and want to use the legendary Dragon Pokémon to further their own evil desires. But since I was able to catch Reshiram and Zekrom over a year ago, she’s not sure how they intend to pull it off. She wants to speak to Drayden in Opelucid City to see if he has any insight on this development. As for myself, Juniper suggested I head towards Undella Town, to catch any Pokémon that can only be found in during the cold seasons in Unova.

Eventually we landed in a small town that was set up among the cliffs of a desolate, mountainous area. This was Lentimas Town. We all stopped in the Pokémon Center briefly, then Professor Juniper, Bianca, and I went our separate ways.

Ugh, great, another area covered by a constant Sandstorm. Thankfully, I have Shuckle with me, and it will be unaffected by it. I found a few trainers to battle outside the town, and then explored the area a bit. The first Pokémon I saw was a wild Camerupt! Wow, that’s a fully evolved Pokémon that I haven’t seen since I was in Hoenn!

“Camerupt, the Eruption Pokémon. Camerupt have volcanoes on their backs. These volcanoes have a major eruption every 10 years, or if they become really angry. If magma builds up in their bodies, they can also erupt violently.”

It attacked us with repeated, strong Earth Power attacks, so we didn’t stick around long. I wonder if there are any Numel around? After a little more searching, I did discover one.

“Numel, the Numb Pokémon. Numel have humped backs that store intensely hot magma. This magma reaches 2,200 degrees Fahrenheit. In the rain, the magma cools, slowing their movement. Their humps get smaller when they use fire-type moves.”

Nearby was a small, familiar bug Pokémon. Wow, wild Skorupi! I think I remember them only being found in Safari Zones in other regions.

“Skorupi, the Scorpion Pokémon. Skorupi live in arid regions and can go without food for a year while waiting for prey. As soon as the tail claws close, its needle tips secrete poison.”

I definitely want to catch one. After wandering a bit, and also discovered some wild Drifblim in the area! There’s such an interesting array of Pokémon here. And it’s also interesting that I have yet to see any Unova-exclusive Pokémon in this arid land.

I then found a Skorupi that my Vespiquen battled, and I caught it with ease! I was very happy to see that it had the ability Sniper; it’s so much more useful than Battle Armor. With Skorupi, I now have six Pokémon with me. Though I’m sure there are more Pokémon to discover, I decided it would be in my best interest to push forward to try to cross Reversal Mountain so I can get to Undella Town. Besides… I’d really love to get out of this sandstorm! So I made a quick stop at the Pokémon Center, had my Skorupi meet the rest of its new teammates, and then went back towards the mountain caves.

230. Skorupi

I went inside Reversal Mountain, and immediately saw a wild Numel! It knocked out my Skorupi with Lava Plume. I decided this might be a good opportunity to catch it. I sent out Vaporeon to battle it, and after a few tries, I caught it in a Poké Ball.

231. Numel

Since I already have six Pokémon with me, Numel will have to wait until I rotate my Pokémon. Since it’s a beautiful day outside, I decided to leave all my Pokémon with Nurse Joy, and return to my home to enjoy a beautiful spring day after a very very long, cold winter.

That evening, I returned to Reversal Mountain. I ran into Bianca, who said she was looking for a legendary Pokémon called Heatran! I’ve heard of Heatran in the Sinnoh region. Heatran like to live in deep, volcanic areas… like this one! Now I see why Reversal Mountain is like Stark Mountain from Sinnoh. Bianca and I explored the caves together. We battled plenty of wild Pokémon and high-level trainers, and her Musharna was a huge help. We reached the deepest part of the volcano, but we were unable to find Heatran. Some of the people we met in the cave had heard some of the legends, too, and they mentioned something about possibly needing a Magma Stone to make it appear.

Bianca traveled with me the rest of the way, and there were some more powerful trainers to challenge. Several used Pokémon I have not seen in Unova yet! First there was a Pokémon Ranger who used an Arcanine.

“Arcanine, the Legendary Pokémon, and the evolved form of Growlithe. Arcanine have a proud and regal appearance. The sight of them running over 6,200 miles in a single day and night has captivated may people.”

Not long after that, in a double battle with two Ace Trainers, one had a Vibrava and the other had a Grumpig!

“Vibrava, the Vibration Pokémon, and the evolved form of Trapinch. Vibrava violently shudder their wings, rubbing them together to generate ultrasonic waves. These waves induce headaches in people.”

“Grumpig, the Manipulate Pokémon. Grumpig use black pearls to amplify their psychic powers. They do a strange dance to gain control over the mind of their foes.”

We finally reached the exit, and finally arrived at Undella Town. Exhausted from our very long journey through Reversal Mountain, and being just after midnight, we hurried to the Pokémon Center to get some rest.

April 28, 2013

First thing in the morning, Bianca said she was returning to Reversal Mountain to see what else she could learn about Heatran. I, on the other hand, gathered my Poké Balls from Nurse Joy, and explored Undella Town a bit. It was a small seaside town, and was surrounded by a large beach. Still being cold in Unova, there were not many people around yet. But I imagine during the warmer months there are plenty of people around lying on the beach and playing in Undella Bay. And speaking of Undella Bay, that’s my next destination!

So later that day I explored Undella Bay. I found several Remoraid swimming along the current just off the bay!

“Remoraid, the Jet Pokémon. Remoraid forcefully squirt water. This water jet shoots from their mouths and can hit moving prey from more than 300 feet away.”

Apparently Remoraid can be found year round in the bay, so that’s not what I’m after. After a little searching, I found the Pokémon I was looking for! Spheal are only found in the cold months, so I was happy to finally catch one!

“Spheal, the Clap Pokémon. Spheal move much faster by rolling rather than swimming. They roll across ice floes to reach shore because their bodies are poorly shaped for swimming. When they’re happy, they clap fins.”

232. Spheal

And now, it’s time for a long break from training. I do want to complete my goals, but I need to focus on some other things for a while.

May 24, 2013

Time to get back to it! I did some training with Skorupi, Dunsparce, Vaporeon, Vespiquen, and Shuckle outside of Lentimas Town. And I forgot how long it’s been since I visited the Dream World… well over a month!

Dream World 2: Pinsir, gained a level. Found: Pidove that knows the move Morning Sun.

And now to rotate my Pokémon. I sent the five Pokémon I just mentioned to Professor Juniper, and had her send me Ampharos, Carnivine, Jigglypuff, and Castform. I decided I was way overdue for catching a new Pokémon. So I searched around outside of Reversal Mountain, and found a Skarmory! I had Ampharos use a few Take Down attacks to weaken it, and then I threw a Poké Ball, and caught it!

233. Skarmory

May 25, 2013

Dream World: Beartic. Found: nothing new; a female Diglett with the ability Sand Force.

May 26, 2013

Dream World 2: Buizel, gained a level. Found: Stunfisk that can use the move Yawn.

May 27, 2013

Dream World: Cryogonal. Found: Cleffa that knows Sleep Talk; Croagunk that knows Drain Punch. I’ve had good luck in the Dream World today, since finding Cleffa means I’ve found at least one of every Pokémon in the Icy Cave! So that means that I won’t need to have any ice, steel, rock, ground, or dragon-types put to sleep. There are only 9 non-Unova Pokémon left for me to find in the Dream World!

I also finished training the current team around Driftveil City, and transferred the five Pokémon to storage. Grimer and I just relaxed on for the remainder of the Memorial Day holiday.

May 28, 2013

I had the next five Pokémon sent to me for some training: Clefairy, Golduck, Nosepass, Roselia, and my more recently caught Numel.

June 3, 2013

I did some training with my Pokémon on Route 6. In the Hidden Hallow on the south end of the route, I found a special Woobat! This female Woobat had the special ability of Simple.

June 4, 2013

It’s a beautiful summer morning (both in game and out)! I did some more training on Route 6. Someone saw me training my Roselia and gave me a Shiny Stone in case I wanted to evolve it. Cool.

I then returned to the Pokémon Center at Driftveil City, and rotated my Pokémon. This time, I took Growlithe, Trapinch, Tropius, Bronzor, and my fairly recent caught Spheal with me.

Dream World 2: Castform, gained a level. Found: Tirtouga with the move Flail.
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 80 Obtained 57
Kalos Medals: 81
Kalos Ribbons: 10