View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
I have three questions.

1. It is possible to add extra Town Map to Pokemon Ruby? I want add Johto Region to them. (DO NOT GIVE ANSWER LEARN ASM - This is the worst answer) Where is routine to displaying maps.

2. How to set and Johto Wild Battle *Which i repleced with Test theme of Littleroot town* To playing in Johto Areas?

3. It is possible to resize amout of abled SPRITES in Pokemon Ruby? I want add all Johto Leaders without only 6 <Unused sprites> of them.

I need Explain and number of thouse routines. And as I said. I do not need answers like "LEARN ASM" It is not simple as you think.
There are only 2 answers to your first and second questions.

1. Learn ASM and figure out how to do the effect for yourself or
2. Get a willing ASM hacker to help you out.

Both of the first 2 things you want here require ASM (as in, it's not achievable through any other means). It's not my job, nor anyone else's, to do research for your hack on your behalf.

If you don't like this, then tough. Welcome to the real world. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but simply refusing to learn ASM and reiterating your demand for information that likely nobody has (Ruby isn't widely hacked, and almost no ASM hackers hack on Ruby) isn't going to get you anywhere.

Secondly, take it from me, learning to ASM hack is an archetypal example of people turning a molehill into a mountain. It's actually pretty simple to ASM hack at the level of stuff you're doing. Rather than simply telling us it's hard, why not take the word of every ASM hacker I know when they say "it's not as hard as it's made out to be".

As to your third question, that can be achieved by combining some pseudo-ASM (that is to say, limiters research) and a simple table repoint. I don't know where the table is in Ruby, although it's easy enough to find by looking for the pointer to the first trainer sprite in the game (the offset for which can be found by looking at it in unLz.)

Last edited by Jambo51; June 9th, 2013 at 01:32 AM.