View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
Let the Good Times roll!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Spinosaurus:
I'm so surprised at the people praising Sony's presentation. In terms of games, even Microsoft had a much better showing, and they actually made me think about next gen. Sony was super underwhelming in that department.

But nope, because they announced the lack of a DRM, their presentation is suddenly the best ever. It's so sad we're seeing people getting sooo excited about it, to the point they forget about the other anti-consumer policy they're bringing in, a paywall for online. (Microsoft had it before, sure, and there's no defending it, or this.)

If no DRM is what people wanted, might as well look into the Wii U.
Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV was pretty much all they needed to win, that was pretty much their "if anything goes wrong, we'll still win" button; nothing could have lessened such an announcement. Then, of course, there was Destiny, to appeal to the non-KH/FF crowds, as well as Beyond Two Souls, Second Son, Annual Ass Creed, Tearaway, ESO (if I recall) and...well...the Xbone's expense. They were pretty much guaranteed fanfare, they showed pretty much everything most crowds of gamers would have wanted.