View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Is that really fair? The 3DS, DS, and Wii were (and are) all inferior to their competition by quite a bit, but they did so well that they all practically left their competition in the dust. The Wii U's problem is the exact same problem that plagued the Gamecube: low 3rd party support (though, ironically, Gamecube was the strongest system of its generation, iirc). It doesn't have a library and it has no foreseeable library. I don't think it deserves to do badly because it's weaker, that wouldn't be fair, but I think that they'll need to make some quick and drastic moves/changes if things don't turn around soon for the Wii U.
It depends on your perspective really, but from my eyes Nintendo decided 'oh lets make this giant controller to fight the tablets' instead of actually fighting the other home consoles by making the Wii U's specs competitive for next gen, instead they seem more matched to competition with the 360 and the PS3. Therefore you could argue the lack of 3rd party support is justified as developers don't want to waste time on less powerful console. Their game will also be probably be less successful on Wii U due to the larger casual audience.

By putting the Wii U out there so early they basically have restricted themselves to using Mario alone to sell consoles. I suppose for many on here the Wii U is their perfect console, but for a wide amount of the gaming audience it's pretty poor.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264