View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:04 PM
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

Nature: Calm
There was an event, I think, 2 years ago?, that I quite liked - it was a scripting event, where entrants posted a script and a video demonstrating it. Now, what I'd like to see happen, is an event like that. While I wouldn't be able to host it, if it was for RMXP or ROM hacking, I think it'd be cool to have an event where entrants code something and post it, and could be judged based on a number of different things.

However, on a similar note, one event that would be quite awesome, and one that I would be able to host, would be a Java coding competition, where entrants are required to code something related to one or more themes, and post the .jar code, a link to the source, and a video (optional, but screenshots required). Personally, I could see it as a way to broaden the scope of a lot of people in terms of game dev, as there are tons of games made in RMXP, but not nearly as many coded in another language, such as C or Java.