View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2013 (12:08 PM).
My approach is to use Fakemon with caution. It suits some hacks better than others. Depends on how well they're sprited, and what kind of ratio of Fakemon to real Pokemon there are. ...For example, I have an idea for a hack where the premise is the evil team creating new Pokemon and forcing new evolutions - all Fakemon. That particular case would work really well. And I've got no issue with Modmon, or whatever you'd call it - things like retyping Cofagrigus as Ghost/Steel. That works really well, in my opinion.
I'm currently teaching myself about ROM hacking to make my first hack. It stars a lab aide whose professor was kidnapped to help make Mewtwo. The same team also wants the aide's Kabuto(ps) to upgrade into a Genesect. Dark Fakemon evolutions and hybrids will also play a central role to the villainous Team Helix. Currently I'm fairly confident with YAPE and AdvanceMap. In a few weeks I'm likely to start putting a team together. I suck at spriting, and I can't understand the scripting tutorials.