View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Alessi_sys
Author

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Alessi_sys
Russia is an extremely homophobic country in which a very large percentage of people polled support either the automatic detention of gay people, conversion treatments for gay people, or death. It is a country that is now controlled by the orthodox church, and where a law has been passed to criminalize criticism of the church. Why anyone is even remotely surprised by the passage of this law that bans gay rights advocacy is a wonder to me. Russian society is not a tolerant society. It is an extremely xenophobic and paranoid one. Laws are even being considered to prohibit any citizen who is gay of a foreign country to adopt a child in Russia. I would not be surprised if it goes as far as re-criminalizing homosexual acts next. I challenge anyone to refute any of these points.

Results from the recent Levada Public Opinion Center poll:
  • 23 percent of those polled said they understood the concerns held by Russia's sexual minorities, and believed that they should be left to themselves, minimizing societal intervention in private lives.
  • 27 percent said that the society must provide 'psychological aid' to gay people.
  • 16 percent of those polled suggested that homosexuals should be isolated from society.
  • 22 percent said that the treatment of homosexuality must be made compulsory.
  • 5 percent said that homosexuals should be 'exterminated.'

ALESSI_SYS
3411-1525-5963

Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
Personal Website
Canadaquaria Forum nScale.net
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi