Thread: [Pokémon] Forgetting Mortality
View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2013 (08:09 AM).
Glowing Yellow

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to dudebot
Quote originally posted by Astinus:
Oh, this is nice and dark indeed.

It's always great to see how the Pokemon world can be twisted into something evil with only some logic given to it. Battles between two trainers happen all the time, but there is no referee to make sure the rules are kept and the Pokemon are safe. And this is what happens. I do wonder if either trainer knew that Beedrill was being killed, and if either one of them could have called for the Bind to stop. (It would be particularly evil if Onix's trainer did see it, and didn't call off his Pokemon.)
When playing the games, I always wondered how trainers knew when to stop. I mean, on the TV shows, their eyes would give off the dazed look to help the viewer know when a Pokemon has fainted. The referee would catch the fainted Pokemon and quickly put a stop to the battle. However, if there isn't a referee, I don't see how a trainer would know the well-being of a Pokemon during battle. They don't see the exaggerated dazed eyes like we do. And then there are moves where they couldn't possibly know the condition of their Pokemon like Rock Tomb and Self-destruct. Plus, getting poisoned must have continued negative effects as well if a Pokemon isn't cleared up right away.

Just stuff I thought.

Quote:
Wrong form of "its" here. You're looking for no apostrophe, since "it's" is the contraction for "it is."
Can't believe I messed that up, I'm normally the authority on something like that. Correcting it.

Quote:
Ash is always the one I have in my mind for how simple and happy the life of a Pokemon trainer is shown to be.
Exactly, the guy's never experienced the pain of having a Pokemon die or become fatally wounded before his eyes. One's never been kidnapped long term and the only Pokemon that didn't listen to him was Charizard. All in all, he's gotten off lucky. I imagine a Youngster or something is laying face down in some forest after being poisoned by a bug Pokemon they were trying to catch.

Quote:
This was great and I liked it. An interesting take on unofficial Pokemon battles and how they end.
Thank you. Your opinion means the world to me.