View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2013 (7:49 AM).
Gold Tier
Originally Posted by TurkishDelight View Post
I'm just wondering if anyone rates Oscar quite as highly as I do? I was skeptical at first when I heard Chelsea were paying £20m or so for the latest flavour-of-the-month Brazillian. However he has impressed me all season, and first caught my eye in this performance against a very impressive Juventus side. He has the workrate to match his ability and I don't see him making his way back to Brazil, like so many other promising players have done, anytime soon. He's deceptively quick and his dribbling is a joy to watch, his vision is exquisite and his assist for Jo's goal last night against Japan was exquisite. I think he could become something really special under Mourinho next season and I look forward to seeing how he progresses.
I do also really like Oscar too. Out of the Mazacar his the most defensive one, and actually helps out defensively unlike Hazard and Mata (not bashing them, just pointing out). I feel like he definitely suits the central role more than anything and should play more as a deep-playing playmaker rather than the times we sometimes put him out wide, because he likes to play on a slower tempo than our other attacking players and has got great vision and passing ability, and his work-rate also suits that role too. In addition he can dribble with the ball well, which is awesome too.

I do hope Mourinho utilizes him well because he has the potential to become something great, like the next Pirlo in my opinion.
>> paired to gimmepie ·