View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2013 (11:20 PM).
the pretender

I kind of find it unbelievable that Barry could even carry such high-levelled Pokemon. Sure, he's been on the same sort of journey that you've been through, beating the gym leaders, exploring caves and new places but, when you think about it Barry has one of those impatient personalities. It doesn't seem that he'd be one of those people who would bother to spend hours training in the long grass- since he can't even wait ten seconds to sprint. Training your Pokemon to such a strength, takes time and patience, which Barry obviously lacks.

To answer the actual question however, I don't really know. I don't think he's weak but I don't think he's overpowered either. So I guess I'd say I'm at half, half. After battling with you hundreds of times, it's understandable that his Pokemon would be so high-levelled, but his personality sort of makes that iffy, if you know what I mean. :x

Quote:
For his character, though, I found it hard to believe that he would be able to train his Pokemon that well, even if his father's the head of the Battle Tower. His personality suggests that he doesn't focus on one thing for very long, so it never made sense to me that he of all people would be the first trainer to out-level Red. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it just never made sense to me.
^ This exactly. :]