Thread: Research: Adding New Moves to Gen 3
View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:22 PM
ShadowTails
I'm working on a better Avatar

Regarding move descriptions, when I try to point to other areas in the rom for the descriptions, it will bring up other random text, no matter where I point it.

At first I just repointed the pointer table, and that worked just fine, but trying to add a new pointer at the end for the 355th move in the rom would never work. It would just pick a random thing of text, and if I changed another move, like Growl, to the description that I put in free space, it would pick another text even if it was the same offset as the custom move.

The only time any new description would work is if I put it after Psycho Boost without repointing all of the move descriptions, and when I tried repointing all the move descriptions, nothing works.

Is there another pointer that I have to set to get this to work right? I've been trying all sorts of different things, but I've run into this problem. After trying everything, I figured I should ask here. I got everything else to work, my new move does damage and it does everything that it should do, but I can't figure out what to do about move descriptions for the life of me.

Last edited by ShadowTails; June 17th, 2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: added some pictures and fixing up grammar