View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2013 (06:40 AM). Edited June 18th, 2013 by Manga Reader X.
Manga Reader X

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
Calm down now :]

I can totally see why people refer to PokéSpe as the official manga. Even though there is no official one, really. It's simply the most comprehensive (and long!) series of volumes and it follows the game in a nice way while having each protagonist being unique and adding to the story with differing plots.

That's why I think if any, this is the manga that a movie or tv show should be based on.
Sorry. There are three things that will makes angry when it comes to Pokémon mangas:
  1. The microscopic amount of Pokémon mangas that aren't PokéSpe or movie adaptions that are being published in English.
  2. When somebody refers to Pokémon Special as 'the Pokémon manga'.
  3. How little attention the other Pokémon mangas are getting and how few discussions there are about them on Serebii Forums, Bulbagarden Forums and The PokéCommunity.
There are at least 92 official Pokémon manga series. It's not that there aren't any official Pokémon manga series, it's that all Pokémon mangas are official (except for fan works, of course). It's not a difficult concept. It's not like the main Pokémon games are the only official Pokémon games. The Pokémon Ranger series, the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series, Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, all of those games and a lot of other Pokémon games are official, so why is it so hard for people to get that every frickin' manga in Bulbapedia's Pokémon manga article and Dogasu's manga section (+ a lot more that aren't even covered on those sites) are official, with the exactly same official status as Pokémon Special? For a Pokémon manga to be official they have to be licensed by Nintendo, Creatures and Game Freak. Then it's official. At least 92 manga series match that description.

But yeah, back on topic: Pokémon Special is the obvious choice among all Pokémon mangas when it comes to which manga would be most suitable to be turned into an anime, since I want a really long anime if one were to be made.