View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:58 AM
ANARCHit3cht

That Henna stuff looks uncomfortable. I had heard about it... but I never have actually seen it or looked up what it actually was. It looks like mud, imo, with the way that it is just sitting on top of the skin like that... I like tattoos, because they actually change the pigment of your skin. I hate erase-able pens, because they just put a layer of the ink on-top of the paper(that's why you can erase it!) and not only does it write terrible, it looks terrible... kinda reminds me of Henna.

@Diab_Low: Like danks said, if you go to a safe place, they you will have no worry. The tattoo artist that I know uses brand new needles every time, and sanitizes his equipment after every tattoo. Even if it is on the same person.

As for that picture... that guy just looks like a wuss! I didn't even move a muscle when I was getting my cross tat (that also happens to be in FMA) inked on my kitchen table *cough*Plumpyfoof*cough*

But no really, Plumpufoof, I find the things that you dislike about tattoos weird. You say that you believe tattoos should be a form of self-expression, with the emphasis on self, yet then you have this list of all these things that are "wrong" to do. What does it matter, what tattoo people get? It isn't on your body, nor does their choice affect you. Even if it is the most cliche tattoo ever, you don't know what meaning it could have to the person who chose it. I know plenty of people who get common symbols, and I can tell you that none of their stories behind it are the same... Not to mention, even on such symbols, people often get their own additions and changes added to it, to not only personalize it, but also to further explain the story that their tattoo was supposed to tell. Mine for instance, is the flamel cross. This happens to be on Full Metal Alchemist, but that is not where I got the symbol from. I actually happened to get the idea from Nicolas Flamel's gravestone, which has this symbol on it. When it gets boiled down to it, it essentially means what once made you weaker, now makes you stronger. I have my own experiences that have led me to put that, and while my tattoo isn't exactly the most unique thing around, it is FAR from being complete, as when I add in all the other tattoos around it, the whole thing is going to come together.

Last edited by ANARCHit3cht; June 19th, 2013 at 08:13 AM.