View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2013 (09:23 PM). Edited June 19th, 2013 by molivious.
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by totodile493 View Post
I'm not sure how Hamachi works as far as keeping the server running when the computer is locked or shut down...

...We tried many things but my computer simply could not run the emulator as server and the other guy apparently had a poor connection.
For the bolded part, people who login may still see others within the same Network (remember, Hamachi IS the server and it allows Virtual Private Networks to be hosted by anyone; in other words, you're not actually putting up a server, but a private network).

So firstly, as i've said, if 5 people belong in the network... and 2 "members" are online, they may still connect to each other whether the Network Creator is online or not. This also means that they don't have to make/host a private connection of their own.

Secondly, as the name implies, that private network is private. Aside from those 5 people, no one else could enter the network nor see whether one of those members are online. UNLESS, of course, if the member(s) they're looking for is another member of another network(s)... and so on and so forth.

So basically, people would still have to make their own personal networks so that they could connect with everyone at any time, as a 5-person limit doesn't really create a network to keep all people in touch. This only applies for Hamachi, though.