View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2013, 06:33 PM
danks_
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
the only barrier is what human ingenuity cannot accomplish
This sums it pretty well if you ask me, but it should not be made with all animals, only with animals that are bred for this specific purpose and it should not mess with the animals that are in the wild.

Quote:
2) I don't think this technique will be extended to humans, for obvious reasons. I can put that previous statement this way: these animals are being used quite simply because they are animals. Is this a step up from what we're used to in terms of using animals as resources? Would it make a difference if you harvested both the meat and the organs? Are animals more than things and are they being commodified too far? Does the need for organ transplants outweigh the ethics of using animals to harvest organs?
Like I said before, I think that as long as the animals used to harvest organs are not wild animals and they were bred just for the purpose, even tho animals are still alive and one should respect nature and whatevs, I'm sure you don't want to die and I'm sure you'd rather have your kid get one of these organs instead of waiting until another human dies in order to keep your kid, let's face it.

Quote:
3) The United States is one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world - much of the high tech innovation going on still occurs there. This is no doubt on the cutting edge of the life sciences. Do you think such advances would be possible in the United States? Do the current political and social climate inhibit scientific development from occurring? If so, is this something worth changing?
I can totally see this being legal and normal in more than a few states, it just needs time.