View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2013, 06:23 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by O07_eleven View Post
You're a mod now? Congrats! :D I'd probably say some bug Pokemon are too similar, i.e Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Silcoon, Cascoon, Metapod, Butterfree, Beautifly, Venomoth, Dustox, you get the idea... There's a lot of bugs in the world and have virtual copies of the lines from 1st gen? They could be a little more creative, do we have a mantis, stick insect, mosquito Pokemon etc? That's just my opinion, some differing or more exotic kind of bugs would be nice (credit to Surskit though, it's a really good looking water strider)
Yes, I am actually modding this very section ;) Thanks!

I agree, but I think the Beedrill and Dustox lines are okay. They have varied the starting worms/caterpillars as much as they can while still keeping it a worm/caterpillar imo. The butterflied though! Ugh. Butterfree is amazing and Beautifly is cute but they are too similar - and now there is yet another butterfree pokémon, it seems, in gen VI. I don't like that they have more than one butterfly.

They did make Leavanny to be a mantis like pokémon, and there is always Scyther. So generally I think the bug pokémon are okay, except for those butterflies. And moths (Venomoth and Mothim ._. unnecessary).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Sonic View Post
Those rodent Pokemon you get at the start of the game...you know, Rattata, Zigzagoon, Sentret, Bidoof, etc. I think they don't have much thought put into them, and seem rather copy + paste to me.
I think they are quite different actually! They are meant to be normal-typed, weak rodents, and they certainly do their job. They also are based on completely different animals. Rat, ferret, raccoon, beaver, meerkat. So in my book, they are okay ^^

I don't like that Shinx and that new lion pokémon are so similar. I always thought Shinx looked too cartoonish but now this new one is over the top. It looks like a plush made to make a 3 year old happy. I certainly hope that its evolutions are more badass; I would have liked them to be more alike Poochyena and Mightyena. Anyways, they are very similar, Shinx and this new one, and I think they could have made the new one not look as dorky happy and instead maybe calm and cool or something. More like Growlithe's style.
Crossroads I C | O O C .