[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)
View Single Post
June 26th, 2013 (8:09 PM).
Quote originally posted by
This could be like Bill's script on Cinnebar Island. For some reason, XSE won't decompile it because of a weird branch to get to it. I think Bill's script can be found in PKSV, not sure though. I'm going to give this a try in PKSV.
Edit: I can't find it in either script editor either, though I have a plan. This is a very long way of doing things, but it works:
1) Take the first thing Oak says inside and find it using A-Text.
2) Take the offset it exists at and create a pointer with it.
3) Search for that pointer in the rom using a hex editor.
4) The only result should be in the script. Write down the offset of the pointer.
5) Open up XSE and go to that offset.
6) Continue to subtract 1 from the offset until you think you found the beginning of the script (most map scripts begin with Lockall).
7) Thank me when you find it.
View original post
lol I have done this before... problem is...
I know where the exact conversation is... i just dont know why it starts on its own (or the walking)
and its not even that I need to edit it... it just bugs me that I cant find it and it should be a level script... y isnt it... grr (ur right bills is the same way, but I managed to remove it)
Complete Item Editor
Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor
Inverse Battle Applier
Intro Text editor
Editing the Ending Credits FR
Scripting Wild Battle Events
Joined Feb 2013
View Public Profile
Send a private message to LocksmithArmy
Visit LocksmithArmy's homepage!
Find all posts by LocksmithArmy
Find threads started by LocksmithArmy
Ignore Posts by LocksmithArmy