Thread: [Let's Play] Pokemon Red version
View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:52 AM
catroZ
Working...Don't bother me...

Nature: Bold
POKEM0N RED WALKTHR0UGH PART 6
By zortac
Okay.Hello people and welcome back.Yesterday, I was demixing Black 2 music for Pokemon LightRed(my hack) so I couldn't do the walkthrough.But today I'm *almost* free so I thought I'll do a part.So, back in Part 5 I said I didn't know what to do.But now (google)I remember(ed) that there's an interesting artefact on Route 11, exactly this is what I'm talking about:

THE DIGGLETS CAVE!
So, after going out of the cave, I went straight down, then I entered a gate, after that I spoke to the scientist-looking NPC and I got...

Now, let's go back to the rock tunnel.
(My current list of caught pokemon had to be extended to 10 in order for me to get flash)
-25 MINUTES LATER-

Yeah!I managed it! So yeah now let's go to Lavender Town.Without fighting any trainers.Then let's go into the Pokemon Tower, and....

GARY MOTHER******* OAK WILL WANNA FIGHT YEA!(FOR MODS/ADMINS:If what i said is not approporiate even when I put in the asterisks feel free to censor)
He surely got thrashed...

So now I have to go to a Pokemon Centre and a PokeMart to heal, buy a couple of super potions and sell some things I don't need...

...yeah.
After I did that, I went on to Route 8, since I need to get the PokeFlute.I battled most trainers except one-the gambler guy in front of the underground path.
So once I got into Celadon City and got by the gym...

WHAT!!!???!!!???
(okay let's calm down like in the first post)
Then, I went into the gym. Battled the gym trainers'.And the Gym Leader.WITH GABRIEL(Oddish)!And won.
So, now, let's end this part.In the next 3 parts, we're going to do the main event with Team Rocket.
Then, at the end of the 3 parts, we're going to challenge the most annoying gym ever-Saffron City gym.For the gym I will need help from a source on the internet.

GLITCH OF THE PART!
Old man ID Theft
Remember that old man in Viridian City who wouldn't let you pass ? He's just an unmentionable arbitrary barrier in the game so that you won't proceed further without delivering Oak's Parcel from the PokeMart and once you obtain your Pokedex he changes his attitude and shows you how to catch Pokemon. Or so you thought.
Unknown to him, the old man also holds the keys to unlocking MissingNo… which come to think of it might be the reason he seems so disturbed and angry at the world in the first place. Could you imagine having to harbor that thing? Sure, he could grant you all the free coffee you could ever want but still we don't think MissingNo would be suitable company at all, ever.
You can fool with the poor old man all you want if you have a GameShark and play with the cheat codes to alter wild Pokemon encounters. You can have the old man show you how to catch one of the Pokemon not present in your version of the game, you can have him catch a Mewtwo, you can enjoy a spot of meta humor and have him catch a MissingNo, or… you can force him to fight a trainer, and the game just doesn't know what the hell to do.
The old man is programmed to do one thing and one thing only: throw a Poke Ball. He still does this after the trainer sends out their glitch Pokemon and as you might expect the trainer blocks it. The old man never sends out any Pokemon (even though he appears to have 1 fainted and 5 normal Pokemon) so right now you're probably on the edge of your seat because the trainer's glitch box of the apocalypse is about to rock this grandpa's world with something fierce…
…and like the weirdest deus ex machina ever conceived the PA system from the Safari Zone chimes in and says "TIME'S UP!!"
The battle ends immediately and the old man acts like absolutely nothing out of the ordinary just transpired. He reminds you that you must first "weaken the target Pokemon" and on the surface it appears no lasting effects have taken place — until you check your stats.
Your name has changed to "OLD MAN". Due to the way the game handles the old man encounter it stores your actual name in the place where wild Pokemon data is stored (because this data is empty in Viridian City) and temporarily changes your player name to "OLD MAN". When the battle terminates improperly the game doesn't have the chance to reset the data and your name becomes OLD MAN. Any Pokemon you have cannot be nicknamed because you are no longer their original trainer, they do not recognize you now.
Every single instance where your name would be displayed now says "OLD MAN". If you access your PC from a Pokemon Center it's called "OLD MAN's PC". If you speak to a character who addresses you by your name, such as Professor Oak for example, he will (hilariously) call you "OLD MAN". If you check the sign outside of your home it will read "OLD MAN's house". You have become OLD MAN. He has stolen your identity and pulled off the greatest psychic cleansing ever documented. Everybody you have ever known starts calling you by the incorrect name like nothing happened. Even your own mother doesn't know you anymore.

Last edited by catroZ; June 30th, 2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Adding in photos for the part.