View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2013 (03:09 PM).
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Quote originally posted by 11wildy:
Hey! I am planning to do a Pokemon Crystal run without pokecenter NOR pokemarket. And it would be nice to have some help of my friends

My starter. It has to be either Cyndaquil or Totodile, as Chikorita kind of fails at the start of the game. Totodile has troubles with the Sprout tower and Jasmine's Magnemites. Cyndaquil struggles at Chuck's Poliwrath and against Claire. Totodile also has a wider movepool and more available offensive moves, so effectively more PP.
Is it possible to skip the Sprout tower? Because if I can skip it Totodile is obviously better.

Also, as it is kind of difficult to catch and train other Pokemon, what should I catch using the master ball?

Any advice is welcome
Looks like an interesting, but really difficult challenge. Have the notes i came up with while/after reading this.

- Sprout Tower is optional unless you play HG/SS if memory serves
- The Move Deleter and HMs can get you free infinite pp restocks on several good moves for Feraligatr from you reach Blackthorn
- The Spearow from the guard guy is a free Fly slave
- It is up to you to decide whether the Game Corner counts as a shop. If it doesn't, after the E4 you can use all your money to buy yourself some good moves/pp refills for them from the move tutor on Wednesday or Saturday (Don't go for the big ones, they are more expensive with less pp)
- Get the Exp Share as soon as possible if you intend to add any team members past the 3rd gym. switch training and straight training cost a lot of hp.
- Mr Pokemon heals you upon reaching his house. Use that to get some training in at the start.
-- Lance does the same thing when you get deeper into the Rocket Hideout. Keep it in mind so you can go blow your remaining hp/pp on other things before you go there
Bug: X - 2/8

On hold: Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water: White 2 - 2/8