View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2013 (09:17 PM).
1000 years of pain!!!
Team Kalos
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Purple Materia:

I don't care what anyone says. Fanboys praise this game to high heaven and trolls rip it apart.

I grew up with this game. I was around 8 or 9 when my cousin gave it to me, and I played it with my brother until I reached a certain point where we just couldn't continue. Although I was too young to really grasp the story... I felt a strong connection to it. The graphics, the battle system, the Materia system, the music... oh my god, the music. I remember playing Smash Brothers Melee while listening to the world map music. I would have the sound for my PS2 plugged in, and the Gamecube would have the video plugged in. I would park my party in the world map and listen to it while playing. I would enter a battle and do nothing just to listen to the battle music.

Everything about this game I find perfect. The storyline had the right amount of everything. I connected with every character, and I felt like I was a part of the journey. I remember crying my eyes out in the scene that everyone should know about. I didn't like Aerith any more than Tifa (in fact, I MUCH preferred Tifa; I thought her and Cloud held far stronger chemistry due to their history) but I still liked Aerith. It made me despise Sephiroth.

Every time I play through the game, I notice something I didn't notice in a previous playthrough. Little tidbits about the translation, real world connections, cut data... something always intrigues me about the game, and playing through it every time is still a unique experience.

Sure, it has it's flaws. Every game does. And even if I take off the rose coloured nostalgia goggles... I believe it's perfect in every way shape or form, and I have yet to encounter a game with such emotion and character. This is my favourite game of all time, and it will be forever
You... You've touched my heart. I couldn't agree with you more. My sister says I'm addicted. Maybe I am, because it's just so wonderful. I enjoy its mix of realism and fantasy, the characters are great and the music is to die for! And yes, I think Cloud and Tifa a best suited together. I don't really have anything against Aeris, but I'm just more of a Cloti fan. Aeris should be with Zack, imo.