View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2013 (01:14 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by NaudaBase:
Hi everybody i'm new so dont hesitate to tell me where to post my question if this is not the right place for it
This question might have been asked before, but i did look on the forum, and after quite a few pages seen i didnt find my answer
The problem is that recently i changed from PC to Mac, and while i did not have any problem to find a good PC gba emulator, on mac, it is already much harder to find.
I have tried boycott advance (it has an awfully crappy sound on mac --') and a few VBA versions, but they didnt really convince me at all
Did any of you guys had the same problem as me and found a solution, or am i doomed to play with bad mac emulators :'( ?
I have a solution just for you. If you have Java, then that's good. Download Java VirtualBox here.

Then go online and search for a Windows OS .iso file, and use the Java VirtualBox tutorial here.

After it's set up, just put VisualBoy on your virtual machine, as if it were your own computer.

I can't give you any more links, because it'd be against the forum rules.

If you have any more questions, you can VM/PM me.

Edit: If you don't want to take up a decent amount of space on your computer for using Windows applications, you could use WINE Compatibility Service or this rather glitchy version of VBA for Mac.