View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2013 (11:36 PM).
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by athenian200:
When I start a new game normally in Pokémon Emerald, and exit the truck... my Mom talks to me as soon as I exit the truck, and this begins a script that leads me inside the house.

I'm in the process of moving this event to another town. I've gotten as far as having the player exit the truck at the new location, and making the truck appear or disappear based on flags. However, so far I have NOT been able to find ANY method of triggering a script the moment you exit the truck (such as happens in the normal game). Putting a script on the title you start off on doesn't work, I've tried it... such a script only activates once you step off the tile and then move back onto it. :/

All that's covered in tutorials is how to make scripts that trigger when you step on a tile, read a sign, or talk to someone. I would have examined the script in the default game for hints, but I can't seem to find a script with that dialogue in the truck, OR on any NPC/script tile in Littleroot Town itself. So, I'm completely baffled as to how the game triggers this.

Is there a special method of making scripts trigger the moment you enter an area?
Yes there is. The script you are looking for is called a Level Script. It's located in the Header part of A-Map. You should see the Level Script heading. Just scroll through them until you see the correct script.
Live Pokedex (Y) Completed as of 02/03/14 (718), 10/11/14 (719)
Live Pokedex (OR) Completed as of 25/12/14 (719)
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.