View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2013 (2:08 PM).
Will be back eventually
Crystal Tier
Nature: Calm
Marth is the reason I got into Fire Emblem. Although I initially planned on playing with Pikachu or Link in SSBB, it was Marth who quite soon became my main fighter. Needless to say I got interested in his back story and all that. I find it amusing how up to this day I've yet to actually get into his story. I've seen the FE OVA and read the manga, but it's still not quite the same as the actual game.

To me, the best protagonist.. I have a hard time deciding really. I agree with Marth being iconic, but I'm afraid I have little to add concerning his role in the story. To me, the best protag would be either Chrom or Eliwood. They are both quite funny and really got me emotionally attached to them.
I wouldn't forget about Ike either, though. Although he's a bit in the BG of Radiant Dawn, he's definitely a great character in Path of Radiance... Where he truely grows from a brat to the one who put an end to the Mad King Ashnard.

I'm a bit indifferent about Ephraim and Eirika... as it was mainly Lyon who I, as a player, was concerned about. Although I like the twins, my favourite characters of FE8 are minor ones (like Joshua, Vanessa, Cormag,...).
Micaiah is a bit "..." for me. I like her, but she's not as great as a protag as the other ones.

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."