View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2013 (09:15 AM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by coolking49:
What I'm planning on doing is simply trigger the flag for the badge while the script giving the HM is happening. I don't think it actually triggers anything, it just makes it such that it looks like you have the badge and that you can use the HMs. If you don't want the person to access the elite 4 yet, simply change the flag needed for someone to access the e4 building.

Speaking of thinking outside the box, I have a question:
I know the games have certain doors which are locked until a certain event occurs. How would one go about doing that? My first thought was have an invisible person on the spot of the door until a flag is triggered, removing the person, but I can't find the sprite number for an invisible person. having a script which triggers when you step on the square just before the door stopping you and telling you to turn back seems rather unprofessional. Is there any other way? Thanks!
For the HMs, you need to backtrack from the location of the messages in the script (use A-Text to find them) and the find the script. I have posted a method for how to do this several times, so search both this thread and simple questions as I don't want to type this again. After you find the script, you can repoint it and make a new one.

Actually, game freak did it this way several times. Just make a script tile, and after the lockall command, use the command checkplayerfacing (that name might be wrong... Check in the command database for XSE [F1]) and only have the script continue if the player is facing the door. If they are, then run your flag checks and such.

Edit: LSA is very right, that is how good hackers do things. They don't waste time trying to do things that other people have done.

Paired with Simba