Thread: [Idea] Pokémon Ambient
View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2013, 02:47 PM
SereneAmbience
Founder of Pokémon Ambient

Nature: Careful
After some deep consideration of fans messaging me, I decided to introduce some new types. However I haven't yet figured out the weakness and advantage chart for these new types. So bear with me....
  • Air
  • Cosmic
  • Magic
  • Cyber
  • Light
  • Sound
And of course the new Fairy-type! The main reasoning behind adding all these types, which many are popular among fandoms, is that Pokémon are unique creatures with amazing abilities, but some of their types don't detail their potential as a monster. For example, Gyarados: he is consider a Flying-type but has no moves of that type and found moving through the air constantly. Therefore I split the Flying-type group into those who can actually fly (Flying-type) and those who manipulate air (Air-type). I also believed that many Pokémon come from outer space and have similar abilities to those on Earth which isn't typically alien nature.. thus the Cosmic-type. The Psychic types are creatures that use magical powers, telepathy abilities, levitation, matter bending strengths, and among other things. I had to split this broad type into categories so I decided a Magic-type and Light-type would suffice. I really just loved the idea of Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z having their own Cyber-type, making them rares! And lastly the Sound-type, which defines a few Pokémon and many moves. Nintendo should have implemented the Sound-type in Generation 3 with Whismer's evolutionary line a while back.

More information found HERE [link].