View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2013 (1:31 AM). Edited July 10th, 2013 by OffRoadSP.
Exploring Hoenn
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
I don't know what my problem is... I really have to get the lead out if I want to finish before X/Y come out.

Rozu... that really stinks. I had that happen to me once with my 3DS... all I did was put the DS down and it just blinked off. Thankfully I recently saved!

June 23, 2013

Dream World: Heatmor. Found: nothing new; Feebas that knows Captivate.

I did a bit more training in Undella Bay, and then decided to check out Route 14 to the south of Undella Town. There was a rich elderly couple right near the entrance that each wanted to battle. Once I defeated them (and got awarded quite the chunk of prize money), I decided to check out the wild Pokémon in the area. I saw a large puff of white in the grass. When I approached, it started to move! I got closer, and it flew away. The first Pokémon I saw on Route 14 was one I haven’t seen yet in Unova, an Altaria!

“Altaria, the Humming Pokémon, and the evolved form of Swablu. Altaria fly freely through the sky and blend into the clouds. They sing in a beautiful soprano. If one bonds with a person, it will gently envelop the friend with its soft wings, then hum.”

When I looked back up at the sky, the Altaria had indeed blended into the clouds on this beautiful clear day. I looked around some more, and saw a few Mienfoo, but then on the cliffs, I saw an Absol!

“Absol, the Disaster Pokémon. Absol appear from deep in the mountains to warn people about upcoming disasters they have sensed with their horns. Having become a target because of this, they fled deep into the mountains.”

I stuck around the area training my team, finding quite the assortment of wild Pokémon to battle against. Eventually I ran into another Absol. I decided to fight dark-type against dark-type, and sent out my Umbreon to weaken it. It tried to dodge with Double Team, but thankfully Umbreon’s Faint Attack doesn’t miss. Finally it was severely weakened, and two Poké Balls later and I caught an Absol!

246. Absol

I found a couple of Ace Trainers to battle on the route as well. One challenged me to a triple battle and used a Gligar!

“Gligar, the Flyscorpion Pokémon. Gligar glide as if sliding. They startle their foes by clamping onto their faces, then jab the stingers on their tails while their prey is stunned with surprise.”

The next want to battle me rotation-style, and one of his Pokémon was a Tangela!

“Tangela, the Vine Pokémon. Tangela have many writhing vines that cover them. These blue vines grow their whole life long and are covered in a growth of fine hair. They are known to be ticklish.”

Both were challenging battles. Afterwards, I did a bit more training on the route, and then returned to the Pokémon Center. I had Nurse Joy treat my Pokémon, and then I rotated my Pokémon. Keeping Grimer with me of course, I also had my recently caught Remoraid, Wailmer, and Absol sent to me, in addition to Vigoroth and Raticate.

June 24, 2013

Dream World 2: Zangoose, gained a level. Found: a female Audino with the ability Klutz. (Which I find an amusing hidden ability for it to have, being that they often are found holding berries in the wild.)

June 28, 2013

Dream World: Volcarona. Found: nothing new; Snorlax that knows Recycle.
Dream Wolrd 2: Seviper, gained a level. For the first time, did not find any new Pokémon.

June 29, 2013

Dream World: Serperior. Found: nothing new; Heracross that can use Flail.
Dream World 2: Skorupi, gained a level. Found nothing.

June 30, 2013

Dream World: Emboar. Found: nothing new; a female Seviper with the ability Infiltrator.
Dream World 2: Skarmory, gained a level. Found: a female Pidove with the ability Rivalry.

July 1, 2013

Dream World: Watchog. Found: Slakoth that knows Sucker Punch; Kecleon that knows Skill Swap. Only four more Pokémon left to find in the Dream Park!
Hoenn Pokédex: Seen 159 Obtained 157
Hoenn Medals: 41
Kalos Pokédex: Seen 453 Obtained 453
Central Kalos Pokédex: Seen 151 Obtained 151
Coastal Kalos Pokédex: Seen 151 Obtained 151
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 151 Obtained 151
Kalos Medals: 108
Kalos Ribbons: 12