View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Seems the first version gets the better Pokémon once again... BW was the exception, but I got Black because of Reshiram and the non-Unova exclusives (Weedle, Shroomish, Murkrow, Houndour).

Yveltal's typing is nice but Dark/Flying is a boring combination, there are already two fully evolved Pokémon with such combination (Honchkrow and Mandibuzz) and one Dark-type legendary (Darkrai), while Xerneas is, for now, the only Fairy-type legendary, most probably created because of all the Dragon-type ubers. Would be awesome if Xerneas was Steel/Fairy, though, because, if Fairy resists Dragon, then it would be perfect to wall Dragon-type attacks.

Yveltal's Death Wing move will probably be renamed owing to the dumbing-down the American market requires. Anyway, names don't mean a move is going to be good! Giratina's Shadow Force is a great example.

The panda and the squid (especially the squid! looks like a wizard) look cool. Dark/Psychic is a bad defensive type (no resistances apart from Psychic immunity) but is a reasonably good offensive type, because Dark and Psychic coverage isn't redundant. The panda should be a bulkier, slower version of Scrafty, with different moves. Overlooked fact: the squid learns Hypnosis.

The only use for the candy cotton Pokémon is, obviously, box fodder.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Cerberus87; July 10th, 2013 at 11:56 PM.