View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2013, 06:04 PM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
July 10, 2013

I took my team to Reversal Mountain for quite a bit of training. Then, back in Undella Town, Hugh challenged me to a battle, but my Absol, Wailmer, and Vigoroth came through in the end against his Emboar, Simipour, and Unfezant.

July 11, 2013

While I was at the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, I heard people talking about undersea ruins that lie at the bottom of Undella Bay. So when I rotated my Pokémon, I kept my Wailmer as well as my Grimer, and then had Professor Juniper send me Swablu, Zangoose, and my other Grimer. Since Wailmer had learned Dive yesterday while we were training, I figured I could do some exploring in the bay!

So when I went out to Undella Bay, the first “treasure” I came across was a Pokémon egg! I didn’t want it to wash out to sea, so I took it with me. Then I sent out my Wailmer and climbed on.

We found a section where the water seemed deep, and Wailmer dove down. I immediately saw the entrance to the ruins. We swam in and found a maze of corridors. Among several relics that I picked up, I found a Dread Plate, Iron Plate, Flame Plate, and Zap Plate. These are some of the mythical plates that the alpha Pokémon Arceus used to change its elemental type. Before I could explore further, a sudden blast of water washed us out of the ruins and back to the surface!

I wasn’t going to be discouraged, so I found another area of deep water and dove back down with Wailmer. There was another entrance to the ruins here, and so of course we entered it. There was more treasure to be found here, including a Stone Plate, Insect Plate, and Mind Plate. There is also a lot of strange writing covering the walls. I wonder what it means? It’s nothing like the writing in the Ruins of Alph in Johto. These I can’t decipher. What’s that unusual sound I keep hearing? But before I knew it, we were washed out by another blast of water.

Back on the beach near the bay, my egg started to glow. It was hatching! This is a fitting Pokémon to be born on a beach.

“Wingull, the Seagull Pokémon. Wingull make their nests on sheer cliffs. They soar high in the sky, riding on sea breezes and updrafts like a glider. They carry food tucked in their bills.”

247. Wingull

I left my new Wingull with Nurse Joy to examine, and decided to finish my sweep of the weird ruins. Nurse Joy had told me that they were called the Abyssal Ruins, but she didn’t have any info about the strange writing. So we found yet another spot to dive, and entered a third part of the tunnels. There were more plates here, and I added the Sky Plate, Earth Plate, Toxic Plate, Meadow Plate, and Icicle Plate to my collection. Legends of Arceus only exist in the Sinnoh Region. Could he have visited Unova at some point? Are these ruins built as homage to it? And there’s that sound again, in the same pattern. This time, I expected the onrushing water when it hit us.

I found another dive spot. Apparently there are four entrance to the Abyssal Ruins, west, north, east, and now south. As expected, I found more plates here. The Fist Plate and the Spooky Plate bring the total to 14. Then I thought about it, and I did find a Draco Plate on the beach a while back. It must have washed up from the ruins. That’s one plate short; but I did not find it among the ruins. Just more and more strange writing. Satisfied that I searched the ruins thoroughly, when the water wash us out this time, I decided to leave. On the way back to the Pokémon Center, I had a battle with a trainer in the bay, and he used a Sealeo!

“Sealeo, the Ball Roll Pokémon, and the evolved form of Spheal. Sealeo will spin any round objects on their noses with the greatest of ease. By doing so, they learn textures and odors.”

I went back to the Pokémon Center, gave Wailmer to Nurse Joy to treat and send back to Professor Juniper, and then took my Wingull to do some training with later. For now, I need to get to work. On such a beautiful day, I’d rather be swimming in the bay!
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 22 Obtained 4
Kalos Medals: 71
Kalos Ribbons: 6