Thread: [Developing] Pokemon Rebalanced
View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2013, 08:33 AM
lauerolus

Pokémon Rebalanced Project

This project is aimed at making every included final stage Pokémon useful in at least one role even at the “End Game” in order to promote fair, more challenging, and diverse trainer battles throughout your game experience without having to rely on overleveled, overpopulated Gym leaders with perfect coverage on the second Gym.

I intend to do this by:
  1. Standardizing and redistributing every included Pokemon's BST
  2. Raking through the movepools of every included Pokemon, adding where it's needed and taking away from those with a bit too much.
  3. Redistributing the better/more battle useful Abilities to more Pokemon and adding more Abilities in general.
  4. Lastly, type additions/changes. There should be very few of these.

What I don't want to do is give every Pokemon Multiscale and Draco Meteor, but to increase weaker Pokemon BST and movepools to where they can compete with each other as equally as possible. If the Pokemon is totally devoid of any character, or if it could be useful to contrast it with another Pokemon of the same typing and "animal" type I'll do so.

Arbok and Seviper make a nice example, as I'd like to further Arbok as a bulky physical sweeper while making Seviper a special counterpart with a new special version of Intimidate. I'm even leaning toward both evolving from Ekans and having a split evolution line like the Hitmon family.

DEMO

Now with a Demo! This demo goes upto the end of Mount Moon, with Sable City off of Route 3. Every incuded Pokemon is edited from the Game Freak base and over 200 new moves have been added.

Other Features

• A fast cycling Day/Night system(FL's Unreal time system), 24 minutes to a ingame day, for ease of nighttime encounters and plant growth.
  • A Hud with Run/Bike button, open Pokedex/Team/Item buttons, and a Clock are what I hope to be able to add. Mapped to the number keys also.

Story

I don't have a special story in mind having planned to just attach this to HG/SS. But with the ease of creation RMXP allows, I plan on making a reverse HG/SS with both regions being expanded with locations from both the anime and manga.

I intend to follow the Rocket story line pretty closely, except with one character doing Team Rocket in as the main change. But the ease of RMXP allows me to make important NPCs much more active throughout the game and I intend to make them be so.

Progress

Boring spreadsheets if that's your thing.

Nobody wants to look at spreadsheet full of numbers, so have a few early ROUGH maps of a few areas.

Spoiler:
Viridian City

Pewter City

Route 3

Random things
Spoiler:
Banners!

Flying Pikachu!

Credits
Spoiler:

Pokemon Essentials itself.

UltimoSpriter from DeviantArt
Wesleyfg from DeviantArt and...here.
BoOmxBiG from Deviant Art
lightbulb15 from Deviant Art
tyranitardark from Deviant Art
Lark125 from PokeCommunity (I think)
Midnitez Remix from Deviant Art
LotusKing from Deviant Art
Zerudez from Deviant Art

Spoiler:
HS/SS
MAJOR CREDIT TO DEWITTY, PRINCE LEGANDARIO, KYMOTONIAN, zetavares852, ALUCUS & CALIS PROJECTS, ThunderDove, AND BULBAPEDIA.NET

To be supersafe
Spoiler:
07harris/Paranoid
19dante91
27alexmad27
Alistair
Alucus
Alucus
Atomika
Bakura155
Blue Beedrill
Boomxbig
Bulbapedia and Bulbaforums
chimcharsfireworkd
Chio
CNickC/CNC
Dewitty
Flood
Fused
G-olden
help14
Jesse TBPro
lordindy
Kizemaru_Kurunosuke
klnothincomin
Kuroda-Taiki
Kymotonian
Newtiteuf
Novus
Pokemon_Diamond
PrinceLegendario
Reck
Red-Gyrados
REMY35
RHN
Saurav
Scarexshivaking
Seiyouh
SL249
spaceemotion
spypoke megafc
ThePokemonChronicles
WesleyFG
Ody - Jessie & James sprite

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by lauerolus; January 26th, 2014 at 07:53 AM.