Thread: [Discussion] Autism
View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
Quote:
For those of you who have autism or something similar, do you find that "social" interaction is easier when not done so in person?

I myself find talking to and meeting new people much easier online and I am certainly more outgoing in general. But I also find that it gets in the way of conversations on the phone more so than it does in real life.
I don't have autism or any spectrum disorder, that I'm aware of anyway, but I do have social anxiety and identify with this. The closest friends I have are all far away and I met them online. I feel like the reason being is because you don't have to deal with seeing that person and the judgement isn't there like it would be in person. And you don't have to worry about how someone looks or looking them in the eyes (I can't do that ugh) and it's easier. Oddly enough though, I hate talking on the phone. I don't like to talk to inanimate objects I guess? I feel silly, haha.

But really, I don't think that's a thing exclusive to autism or anxiety. I think even people without these in the way feel like it's easier to get to know someone online than in person. All you have is your words. :)

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

george best: ugly white backgrounds
displease jak the fashion queen
alas, no-one listens