View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2013 (09:26 PM).
Ryanna Jameson
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
That doesn't mean **** to people's original perceptions, though. Like I mean now I absolutely adore May and the Hoenn arc, they're my absolute favourites in their categories, but back then? Boy was I pissed to see Misty- "Ash's 1 tru luv"- leave the show. Seriously. People grow attached to characters and are resistant to change. People who had stuck with Misty throughout Johto especially didn't like to see her go. And some still can't get it through their heads that it was a change for the better. Back then, I liked the one-off CotD-based adventures. Now? Riveting battles, character development, and arcs please! Strong female characters, too- Misty was a sidekick, May was a main character in her own right. As was Dawn.

I loved Misty back then. Really, I grew up with her. I identified with her. She was really the only girl in Pokémon for a long time, and a tomboy at that. But now I look back on her and I see her character falls so very flat in the face of May and Dawn. Johto is padded to hell and back with filler. It's not godawful, no, but it certainly got better. OS is not the peak of the anime's storytelling and creativity.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +