Thread: [Discussion] Autism
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Pinkie-Dawn, I highly recommend you change the first post. Saying "Are you a victim of autism?" is incredibly offensive. I'm surprised most people that have posted have only calmly pointed it out to you rather than ripping you for it. But it comes off as rude, inconsiderate, and ignorant of the topic you've created. It's been bothering me a while now, and I thought I'd bring it up, and several people already have.
I got it fixed. I wasn't able to think of better word choices other than "victim," because I didn't want to sound too repetitive whenever I say "the people who were diagnosed by Autism." You could that's also part of Autism due to my difficulty in communication by using awkward word choices.

Quote:
Speaking of, living in fantasy world? That's a ton of human beings bro. You don't have to be ASD to do that. But if you are ASD and living in a fantasy world, it's likely because you're being stigmatized and rejected. "Children with high-functioning autism suffer from more intense and frequent loneliness compared to non-autistic peers, despite the common belief that children with autism prefer to be alone." Let's expand that to include ASD adults. Once you're more aware of how the world views you, that's what happens. You build your own little bubble to live in so nothing can hurt you. It's more common in people who do not fit the social norm and can clearly understand that. Again, you don't have to be ASD for that. It's just a sad fact of life.
But it was mentioned on Mac's dictionary of Autism; therefore, preferring fantasy over reality is part of ASD. It's also where I found some of the symptoms I've listed on my OP.

Quote:
No.
It's not going to harm your life if you're diagnosed. Probably the greater harm is not being diagnosed, because once you're diagnosed you suddenly have a clearer idea of why you are who you are. And you have access to therapy (if young or severe) and resources that will help you (school/uni counsellors, special education classes, adult support groups). Depending on the severity of the neurological disorder, your parents could get state/government funding for therapists and other resources to help you progress and eventually function at your best capacity. Diagnosis is the very best possible thing that could happen to someone with ASD.
But I want to be normal and not be autistic, because it feels like a curse to me than a mental order. I want to be socially accepted and have more friends irl than online, I want to easily take care of myself and do household chores without fear, I want to live in reality normally rather than living in fantasy, and I want to earn money the right way and not from government funding, because these things for being autistic makes life too easy than it's suppose to be. I want my life to be as challenging as that of a normal person, because I believe in the phrases "life is cruel" and "life is harsh," and I want to justify those phrases by making my life harder than it's suppose to be for an autistic.

Last edited by Pinkie-Dawn; July 14th, 2013 at 12:48 PM.