View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2013, 05:11 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I've always been one to care about everyone else before myself, even at the worst point in my life. I wanted everyone else to be happy and I would do anything for them, even though I myself was miserable at that time. Don't know how I managed that. But yeah. I'm trying to get better about caring for myself more, but idk...hard to change something that's really always been ingrained in me, ya know? Haha.
This is very similar to me. I used to think I was quite a selfish person but when I look at my actions somewhat more objectively, I have a tendency to put others before myself. I'll make myself bottom priority a lot of the time, if someone wants something that I want, I'll tend to just let them have it (/first) and if someone has to choose between me and something else I'll generally make them choose the something else, just because I don't like feeling like I'm making myself the most important thing. I think it's one of my better qualities, but sometimes nice guys finish last which kinda sucks. Unfortunately you can never rely on the people you've been kind to to be similarly kind to you!