View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
But it was mentioned on Mac's dictionary of Autism; therefore, preferring fantasy over reality is part of ASD. It's also where I found some of the symptoms I've listed on my OP.
However, it isn't one of the main symptoms or used to diagnose the condition; it is just a result of ASD and social pressure. If you're treated badly, you're going to prefer fantasy over reality. This is true for many people as a result of many situations, not just ASD.

Quote:
But I want to be normal and not be autistic, because it feels like a curse to me than a mental order. I want to be socially accepted and have more friends irl than online, I want to easily take care of myself and do household chores without fear, I want to live in reality normally rather than living in fantasy, and I want to earn money the right way and not from government funding, because these things for being autistic makes life too easy than it's suppose to be. I want my life to be as challenging as that of a normal person, because I believe in the phrases "life is cruel" and "life is harsh," and I want to justify those phrases by making my life harder than it's suppose to be for an autistic.
Then do that. If you think being assisted with ASD makes things 'too easy', then go ahead and reject all help of any kind. Do it the hard way. I don't care; it's your life. I chose to detach myself from any assistance as soon as possible simply because it wasn't doing me any good and therefore not worth my time.

But the way you word that makes no sense. Just because you want to be normal means you shouldn't have been diagnosed? That's not how it works. You must have known something was off-kilter beforehand; knowing what it is just gives you the power to change.

And you make it seem like all autistic people are taking the easy way out. No. **** that, are you ****ing kidding me? Without diagnosis and without assistance my eleven-year-old brother would still be struggling as if he were a toddler. Do you think his quality of life would have been improved without diagnosis and treatment? Do you think his brothers and his mother and the rest of his family would be better off if his functionality hadn't been improved? My stepmom and my dad are both teachers. Education funding and therefore teacher salaries are being cut across the country, still. Do you think they could have afforded the necessary care without government aid? And that's just for one child; they have two more with ASD! Don't you dare talk about funding and treatment like it's giving ASD people an easy out. What it does is give them a similar quality of life to a neurotypical.

Isn't that what you want anyway? Why the **** do you want to reject stuff that's going to better your life? Whatever man. I don't care about you and your choices. But don't even start to project them onto others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheRose View Post
Making excuses for a certain behavior that reads as selfish to pretty much every person on the planet isn't going to make it any easier to function in human society.
Hello here is the definition of excuse: "A reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense."
For comparison, here is the definition of an explanation: "A reason or justification given for an action or belief."

I have reason to believe you are fairly intelligent. Guess which one applies to my prior post. If you once again chose 'excuse', you are incorrect. I am not justifying or defending ASD people in relation to their coming across as self-centred. I am explaining to you the reason they come across as self-centred is because they have a hard time relating in terms of "you" because they think in terms of "I".

Let us look at the definition of selfish.
Selfish: "Lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure."
This is not a trait commonly associated with ASD. A trait commonly associated with ASD is a difficulty relating to others/relating thoughts and feelings to others. Selfishness is a choice, ASD-related social ineptitude is not. Shall I repeat myself? ASD people come across as self-centred, but it is not the case. That is not an excuse for the behaviour or others' perception of it; it is just a fact.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set