Thread: [Discussion] Autism
View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:18 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
@Pinkie-Dawn - I've got nothing against you personally, and please do correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be doing a little of what you were complaining about in the OP, by that I mean using autism as an excuse for your actions or mistakes. Although I admit that the first instance of this on the page is one that is most certainly true. The point being it makes little sense to me to say one thing and then do the complete other because it puts serious holes in your own argument.

Moving along.

As for all this stuff about getting help to cope with your ASD. My view on the matter is simple. If you are on the low functioning side of the spectrum, yes you are going to need help and there's no point trying to pretend otherwise. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you it just means that you need an extra hand to go about your life.

If you are more moderately autistic or are high-functioning I think help up to a point is okay but quite frankly having people give you handouts all the time isn't good for you. Once the tools to lie your life are given to you it should be your responsibility to put them into use as best you can. That's the best way to deal with it I think although, I might be a bit biased since that's how I have done it.

Sorry if this read terribly I'm seriously tired but can't sleep (hence I'm on here) and again, Pinkie sorry if that first bit came of offensively I wasn't intending to step on anyone's toes.