View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
The following is rhetoric and intent on highlighting the issues with racism in today's society, pertaining to a recent Cheerios ad. It is not intended as a racial attack.

This tripe got uploaded onto YouTube.

It has a silly little BLACK kid holding a Cheerios box and she approaches her WHITE mom. Seriously, she's WHITE. god she's pretty

Of course her father's some BLACK dude. I mean for god's sake white and black people shouldn't be together it's against god's will

-------
I really can't maintain this. It's kinda distressing enough.

So if you don't get the gist, this is about inter-racial couples. This wonderful ad features a little girl who wonders about Cheerios and whether it's good for your health. Following an explanation from her mom, she pours the box of Cheerios over her dad. By the way (and I hope you've been tracking - if you're relying on this description, just watch the video already!) the mom is white and the dad is black. Is there something wrong with the picture?

The comments were so bad that the video had its comments disabled. And you have to wonder - what is wrong with these people? Cheerios opting not to pull such a controversial video is worth praising too.

By the way, if you're gonna discuss, these awesome kids have an awesome variety of responses that probably top your own. And display a little bit of naiveté.

So what's your view?