View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Salt-the-Sloth

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Xerneas being the Life pokemon puts it closer to the japanese myth of the guardian that protects the forest and Yveltal being the destruction Pokemon puts it closer to being a Yatagarasu which is a symbol of death and destruction. The unnamed eagle in norse myth plays no major role as far as destruction is concerned, and none of the four deer that live on yggdrasil symbolize life. There really isn't any concrete defense for the norse idea.

As for eevee, they are not always released in pairs, the very first release was a set of three. Being done twice after that has no standing as a truth. Special typing was already confirmed a false when Sylveon was released as Fairy Type. All marketing for Sylveon says she is the only new evolution. As for the Sylveon short, it airs right begore the Genesect movie. So yes its out. No one has made any comments about it but it plays right before the genesect movie in theaters.
The deer that live on Yggdrasil don't symbolize life, the Yggdrasil itself symbolizes life. Also, the region is based of France, and the myth itself is from Europe, so as slim as the chance that Xerneas and Yveltal are inspired by Norse mythology, I'd say it's not as slim as the Japanese one. I doubt they'd make a guardian of the forest when Celebi already exists and has that exact description.

I don't get what you mean by Special typing being false? Fact : Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, Ice and Dragon were all Special types. Fact : We've had Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass and Ice eeveelutions. What part of this is false? If patterns were to continue the next eeveelution we would have gotten would've been Dragon. And if Fairy were to placed in Physical or Special base, it's pretty obvious it's be Special. Yes this is all speculation, but it was never "confirmed false".

So the Sylveon movie was released and no new Eevee, in my book that just makes it less likely, but never impossible. And we were never told that Sylveon "is the only new eeveelution", it's just highly unlikely.