Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyo View Post
Glad you like it!
Have you got any sprite examples?

I've been tossing around ideas for the clothing switch feature. I figured it wouldn't make sense to be able to do it in front of anyone, but along the same grain, now that you mention it, you probably shouldn't be able to do it in the middle of the street, either. There'll probably be some sort of designated area.

As I envision it now, there will be police officers who'll approach you if you're in Descendent clothing. Since I'm already wanting to include a knocking feature, it shouldn't be too much to tie an automatic reaction dependent on what you're wearing into that. There will also be situations where you'll have to use the clothes changing strategically, such as during missions or events. Otherwise, for random NPCs around town, only their dialogue will change. Perhaps there's more I can incorporate into that, like scaring shopkeepers into giving you discounts, etc. There's a lot that can potentially be done with this.

As for the graphic change, I actually hadn't considered that. That's a really nifty idea, though it might be a bit jarring to wander into a town with vastly different graphics.
It's something to consider, definitely. I appreciate the idea (and would, of course, credit you if I used it). In my mind, I imagined graphics from a single generation, but altering the tiles and whatnot to be more futuristic or archaic, etc.
hm, after I finish remaking the first post of my thread you can see examples there, other than that, I dont really post much of my work,
as for the clothing thing, I have it so you change clothes in your closet at home, maybe you could create a base system like in Ruby and Sapphire, where you make secret bases and stuff, and inside you have a closet so you can change - however maybe you could wear a mask or something to hide your face, since it would seem weird no one would recognize you simply because you changed clothes
and I always wanted to add the whole "generation graphic change" it seemed like such a really cool idea, but I never really found a believable way to add it like you have - all I have is time travel but dimensional rifts sound awesome

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~