View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Hoenn won't and shouldn't be remade in the near future because it wasn't an 8-bit game; it isn't that special old class of games which 'deserve', as it were, remakes due to relatively significant technological advancement since their time. Even the first generation remakes are third generation themselves, so if one will remake Hoenn, why not Kanto a second time? Well, that's rhetorical. The bottom line is that the current franchise (broad changes to narrative style since the fifth generation) is profitable; a Hoenn remake 'only' has all that much appeal to existing fans and is therefore more financially risky and becomes more risky the older the original games become as less of the older fans still care.
Thank you so much.

I personally don't want any more remakes because then every gen we will hear stuff about a Hoenn remake, then a Sinnoh remake, and so on. IMO Sinnoh looks as "bad" as Hoenn graphically speaking, well not so bad, but considering the next game is in full 3D it makes all old games look quite bad.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.